to start my poster I wrote out the text I was going to use in Akzidenz Grotesk, the font that Muller-Brockmann used from 1951 onwards. the fact that the font i had picked was on his Tonhalle posters from the mid 50's and the quantities of text which i had was also closer to his mid 50's posters made me change my idea to create a poster from that era.
the graphic on these posters all have something to do with Fibonacci, they often involve a minimal amount (4 to 5) of shapes, some of which go off the sides of the page. the graphics on them are based on underlying grids.
trying to express the feeling of Rachmaninoff, I had from doing the thumbnails, I created a graphic based on the possibilities of a 20-field picture grid. below are some of the drafts along with my final idea.
(click images for a larger version)

the red poster is the final version. but I'm still unsure about how close the bottom of the text is to the graphic so may come back and change it.
the design features Fibonacci in the layout of the graphic which are esaily grouped as a 2 then 3 from which ever way you look at it. they elements are also arranged on a golden spiral.
the colour choice was very easy as Muller-Brockmann only used only a small pallet of natural colours in this series of posters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top