Colour

My tutors thought that the colour palette I had chosen contained several colours which where too similar and could potentially cause confusion. This is a good thing really because I had noticed that I had stupidly picked several colours in the original palette which where out of gamut and was going to have to change them anyway. I have edited the colour palette and come up with a new one.



Due to the colours on my monitor being messed up I had to log on to my housemates computer to see what they actually look like. When I looked I noticed that again the new blue colour I had picked is very similar to the green. My housemate also mentioned that he felt like the browns where still quite similar colours and that I should adjust them as well.
Here is the revised version,


In this palette I have kept the faded pastel tones which I had in previous versions but I have strayed away from having the theme based around copper. I feel this is a good decision because It allows me to have 5 distinct colours to represent each pillar of Plan A. As part of an identity this distinction is really important as it allows the audience to instantly recognise the relevant parts of the campaign.

So the colour thing happened again when I went to check the colours and what I thought was burgundy on my monitor is in fact deep purple. The lilac is a little pale compared to the blue so I'm going to make it slightly richer.
quick test,


that better but the burgundy looks a little out of place so I'm going to lighten it.
here is the final revised version.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top