During the first day we got set our brief I had several ideas on what direction I could take this. These ideas are;

Rotoscoped Style animations of the bands playing pencil drawing style
this would be presented as short fast paced animations that can be shared and linked to friends because of the interesting style in which they are animated.

traditional view of Art based
I was thinking that what ever I produce should be inspired by art. When i say a traditional view of art which has on overt meaning such as a basic oil of a landscape. that is what I can see appealing to the target audience the most.

Portraits of artists cut into the grass
I came up with this idea when trying to think of possible ambient media techniques. I could also produce large portraits of artists on brighton beach and in other places in east sussex. these could take the form of large pieces which are hard to figure out what they are unless viewed from a distance like the white horse (though that would be a little out of my depth) of they could be done small scale like graffiti stencils but instead of spraying paint onto the stencil I can cut the grass which pokes through it.

Create a poster to appear in Don't Panic
I knew of dont panic as a free envelope which contains posters adverts and information about whats going on. looking at the website however it is much bigger than just that and also produced a magazine as well as web TV content. I could produce content for this as it would be seen by a large amount of young people.

Juxtaposing the quite town with the party spirit of a festival
Though I think this is quite an overused ideas I think It could work with the sight.

Lyrics
fans of bands will know the lyrics so I think doing something based on the lyrics of the bands that are performing. For this I need to listen to the music form some of the people playing.

I also wrote down a method to approche coming up with a good idea. It's a method that lots of people use but I felt like writing it down would help me stick to it.

Look at media forms
Look at communication forms
Look at no comercial media practice

try to highlight areas that can be combined to create something "new"

package it for meadowlands

try to find an emerging trend to add excitement to the idea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top