.
Wordmark
I mentioned before that the idea I was going to switch to was a Quentin Blake inspired illustration style. When I considered how I could apply the style to the logo I was encouraged by my tutor to have the larger blocks on colour in my logo maybe drawn in pencil with the line quality of a pencil clearly viable. I then remembered our recent visit to YCN(link to their blog post about the visit, which was great). Before we went to their studio we went to Tate Britain to see the Muybridge & Rachel Whiteread exhibitions.
The Whiteread exhibition was focused on her drawing offering an incite to the creative process behind her pieces. What interests me though is the pen and ink graphical style which she dose her drawing in. I am keen to use this style of drawing for the Wordmark.

Font style

I spoke to my tutor about going back to a handwritten style font like I was playing with right at the start of the project and he really like the idea and pointed me toward Bentley Continental a project which he work on. They have a handwritten font which is used in there promotional materiel. you can see it on this screen grab from there website.



The letter forms are very round and clearly handwritten. they have also kept the grain which the pen used to write it has left. I am going to use a Similar style for my font though the style of handwriting will be different its the grain and clear handwritten style which I want to use.

Music Style

when I started writing this post I was thinking of going along with Joanna Newsom for the music for the moving image pieces, inspired by the trend of emotional melodic songs used in commercials such as the one in loyds adverts a few years ago.


Now however I have realised that that will be not in keeping with the brief and I want Plan A to be a fun engaging part of M&S it is not a charity it is something to celebrate and join in with. Like the music which was in the 2010 christmas campaign. So I think I need to do a little more research before choosing the music

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top