I want my logo to work well in 3D as well as 2d so I did some experimenting with an idea I'm working on in Google Sketchup. this simple 3D modeling program allowed me to quickly play around the the viability of my idea. I then mess around with them a little in photoshop to see what they where like with font. the colours are not final I was just playing around with similar colours to what I have used in my sketchbook.
The idea is to have a 5 sided pyramid which can open out to make a star. sides can remain in or out to show different areas of plan A. I feel like this looks very corporate and that is not what M&S want. I do like the idea of having a logo which can change slightly to show different categories.
From doing this I have noticed that the final logo really has to have some great detail or subtleties to stop it looking bland and flat!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The star has potential. I really like it's flexibility to stand for five differnet elemts as well as a whole which is more than the sum of its parts, also the way its both flat and the pyramid. Why don't you just push it a bit further? Maybe experiment with making it more organic or natural (which implies eco-green stuff) - a bud/flower, like your japanese folded cloth below - then abstract it out again.

What does anyone else reading this think?

Post a Comment

top