I need to get my mind working on this project so I felt like a good way of doing so would be to look at great alcohol commercials and other handmade style things which I could possibly homage.

the website Cognac.com has some blog post of list of retro alcohol, mainly cognac, posters. looking at them has given me a good idea on ways in which I can show the product at the end of the commercial. here are some of the ones I looked at,

below are the images of some that I liked







this sight got me thinking of doing a vintage style Martini poster drawing inspiration from the Saul Bass style and James Bond.


maybe something like the burn after reading poster, which I think looks great.




the Guinness have made some great adverts which have really lasted in my mind. it would be good to draw inspiration from these and make something which is really memorable.




other adverts which come to mind when I think of alcohol advertising is the Metz 'Judderman' advert. though this one is not as successful because when I first tried to think of it I could not remember the brand name.



this advert made the phrase was-sup really popular and was overused after the advert aired on the TV.


one thing I have noticed while watching classic American alcohol adverts is that they always contain humour. here is a great example in a captain Morgans advert.


ideas
For this brief however I think that we are expected to produce something that is not focused on humour but on aligning the product with traditional values or connotation of the brand. such as how the Guinness adverts are focused on time and being slow.

while watching adverts I have thought that it would be good to play with the normal narrative structure of the advert to make it more memorable. in order to do this I will have to analyse what that structure is first however, this should also only be applied if it fits the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top