In the brief it says "You will design your advertising campaign by matching it to a cultural focus which suits your choice of drink brand, and a set of values suitable to your company. You will use the imagery you devise to create interesting and imaginative visuals that bring thebranded identity to life. You will choose a piece of music to work with which corresponds to the visual theme which you can animate your piece to."
I have put what I consider to be the key words in Bold. I have a few idea on outcome and design practice to help me realise this part of the brief.

I need to dissect the brand and create a brief for myself as if I where the client. I'm going to do this so that my finished product has a unified feel and there is a clear message and purpose to the creative choices which I make.

Currently what i am thinking is to create an abstract animation using the styles of several of the artists and tribal styles to create an interesting set of visuals which will align the brand with the creative culture of South Africa. This animation will be set against poetry or a verse from a story or fable with an ambiguous meaning, that can be linked to either the culture of the product.

Although I need to do a greater analysis of my target audience, which I will do as part of the above post, currently I'm thinking the advert should be aimed at upper middle class western creative classes. The aim being to create social talking points and raise the profile of the product. If this where a full marketing campaign I would be looking at sponsoring local artist to produce works for events in London, New York, etc. establishing cultural and artistic connotations for the product. the Idea would be something similar to how Becks beer aligned themselves with Music and anti racism.

I already have an idea about the styling although I will need more to draw inspiration from. What I need to sort out is the soundtrack for the piece. so I need to look at poets and stories from the region. Also in order to do this properly I should have it read by someone with a South African accent, this is going to be the hardest part it think as I only know one person from South Africa. What I can do is try find a recording of my chosen literature online or failing that I will have to get a friend to do a South African accent which wont be great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top