I have chosen the section of the song which I want to use so now I can go through it and find the key parts in the music which I can animate things around. I have chosen to take it from 14seconds through to 44 seconds, This section has a nice variation of sounds and a good constant sound.



the song starts 5 seconds in so if you want to find the following times in the video you need to add 5seconds to the stated time.

Key Sounds
I'm going to pull out the key sounds and beats to animate to:

0-2s four drum beats as the song builds up. 1s accordion? (not sure what instrument it is) starts
2s the beat starts
2-15s beat continues with 4 beats taking just under 2seconds. 12s faint bongo (again not sure on the instrument) start.
15s vocals start
17.5s backing vocals start. then from 21seconds and every 4 seconds after they repeat.
22.5s second line of vocals start.
29.5s backing vocals seam to reduce in volume good time for me to fade out.

this gives me 2 main parts of music which suggests to me that I should have two events styles or view points throughout the animation.

I have been trying to think about where I need a voice over as the end of this song has vocals in it. The vocals are sung in the Xhosa and Shona languages so I think its fine if I have speaking over them as my advert is for a western audience who will not understand the vocal in the background.
This advert by Jack Daniel's makes good use of text to not affect the association you get of the bull riding mentality.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

top