four the pitch we had to produce an animatic for the project so that the final project would be visualised. my animation is quite complicated so instead of making the animatic out of the full colour storyboard I made it from the rought thumbnails I'd drawn out. the result of this was that you get to see the camera movement clearer. below is the animatic which I pitched to the class,

the feadback I got from the pitch was that the soundtrack was not working as the begining of it sounds slightly as if it is irish and you dont get the african connection until 1/2 way though the music. they did like the song however so I should just choose a diffrent section of the piece.

they also thought that I should have the tree on the savanah in just one the scenes so as to aviode confusion that the scenes where the same location and so that the tree its self is more intresting.

I was advised that this is going to take a lot of work to finish & that I should be working at a frame rate of about 8fps as that would give me a nice balance between smooth motion and less drawing to do.

I did receve some negative critisium for not creating full quality mockups for the animation. however I think that my final art style is going to be very similar to my story boards which I produced so hopefully this should not matter when its finished. though if I were to be giving a pitch to a real client I need to make sure that I do everything possiable to help them visualise the final outcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top