A brand is the key thing is this assignment so that I think it is very key that I pick one that I want to represent quickly. in my sketchbook I have been looking at types of alcohol and I started looking at brands a little.

Cider
I did look into cider in my sketch book. here is a list of a large amount of cider brands, from this list a few jump out at me which i could represent.
  • Kopperburg
  • Magners
both of these brands have strong identities which i could work from.

Larger
I have a book on beer, got to love christmas, at home which list beers from all over the world and there is a hugh amount of largers out there. I will do a small list of common uk brands.
  • Fosters
  • Carlsburg
  • Stella Artois
  • XXXX
  • Becks
  • Grolsh
  • Carling
  • Heinekin
  • Skol
  • Red stripe
  • Kingfisher

some popular imported beers (though some of the list are imported) include
  • Tiger
  • Asahi
  • Budwiser
  • Corona

from this short list I could picture doing something from becks as they have a strong brand which they have worked hard to heavily associate with music.
Stella also has the product Stella 4 which has some great advertising and image.

Wine

If im honest I dont really fancy doing wine mainly because when I consider it the concepts my mind comes up with are based on character animation. I could rotoscope but that is kind of cheating to have my whole advert rotoscoped.
at this stage in the production I think its a good idea to pick something that I am enthusiastic about.

Spirits

this is what I am keen on doing at the moment as I feel that the unique nature of spirits lend themselves to an animated advert. I want to do a high end spirit as that will allow me to create a more artistic piece.

I talked to my tutor briefly about this and he suggested scotch and in perticular the brands Highland Park who rebranded themselves to have a modern image on old and expensive scotch. he also suggested the brand Auchentoshan who followed suit with Highland Parks branding.
both these products make great use of multiple type faces and understated colour pallets and detailing.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

top