Kwaito is a music genre where was formed in the late 90's in Johannesburg. It is a combination of house music and traditional african sounds with a slow tempo (source). though Johannesburg is in the Gauteng province I think it is a style which is alright to use as it will be popular throughout South Africa.

I think that this genere is just the style which I was looking for. Thandiswa is a female artist who's records are in this style and currently I think that her song Lahlumlenze would be great for my advert, it reminds me a lot of Paul Simon Graceland. I think the Lyrics are really great as well, they are translated as (according to a youtube comment by the uploader),
Whose business is it if I dance, I am proud, take such pride in you Africa, we live through music, yes we live through song, wherever, however, Africans live through song, so whose business is it, whose business is it if I dance.
here is the song,


currently I'm not sure what section to use. I like the beginning section and how it builds up, I think that would allow me to do some nice things with m animation. When the singing kicks in though i think it sounds great and that happens at 30seconds so I want to start a few seconds in. My choice at the moment is between starting at 10 or 15 seconds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top