i think its important for me to blog about the lessons i have learnt from the previous project so that it stays in my mind.

i started off the last project with it in mind to do lots of work and really make something i was proud of. i think that aiming to produce work in every project which i would feel comftable having in my portfolio is very important because that should mean that its the best i can produce. for the first few weeks you can see on my blog that i worked well and was posting pretty much daily or the equivilent to it. then when it came to generating my ideas i got stuck. to start with it was because of the conflicting messages we where getting from our tutors but i did address that and clear things in my mind. then i had a desire to make it very visualy pleasing and did way to much development work on the first of my animations. this left me with no time to work on my last 2 animations and i came into the final weekend of the project having only a brief idea for one of them and i had to make both of them over the time. as you can probably guess this ended up me creating things which i feel are very poor.

as every project in this year counts i can not afford to let this happen again as i have no doubt that it will effect my mark. i have learned a few things from this, these are;
mannage my time with sceduals which leave me time, prefrably a week, to polish my projects and really make them great.
be more desisive in my desision making.
if there are multiple elements to a project and i find myself getting stuck with one of them i should work on another and allow me time to clear my thoughts.

this is something i've known and people have been telling me for years but now really is the time to do something about it.

its a bit rich saying all of this because im currently 2 weeks into this project and i have only just started but i do not feel that i am to far behind, and i know its unrealistic to expect and sudden change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top